Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaching the True Meaning of Easter

Over the past few years, I have really enjoyed gathering and building some great tools for teaching my children the true meaning of Easter.  I wanted to compile on this post my whole tool chest so that it's all in one place.

To start off with, I found the most exciting directions for how to lead a Passover Seder for Christian families in Thriving Family magazine.  Thankfully, they also have an online version I can share with you. Traditionally, Jewish families celebrate a Seder during their Passover celebrations to tell the story of how God freed the Jews from Egyptian slavery.  For Christians, there are many ways that the rituals of the Seder also illustrate the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Here is a link that will help you learn how we hosted our first Passover Seder.

Here are the links to the other Easter teaching tools I have used:


Resurrection Cookies Recipe

Preparing for Easter, Part 1 (includes activities for the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday before Easter)

Preparing for Easter, Part 2 (includes activities for the Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before Easter, as well as Easter Sunday)

I hope I'm posting this early enough this year for some other parents who had expressed interest to gather the materials and do some of these simple daily lessons with the kids.  My kids loved them.

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

i love all of your ways of making the scriptures come alive for your isaac and abby!