Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, October 8, 2009

_______Wrestling with God

I wrote this poem in college soon after I decided to follow Christ instead of myself.  In the July 2008 blog entry, I described it as "a very conscious struggle between me and God."  Can't tell you how thankful I am that God didn't give up on me even when I told him I didn't want Him!



Wrestling with God

That night I lay in the dark and I wrestled with God.
We disagreed on where my life should go.
I wanted everything:
the world, myself.
He just wanted me.
I told Him I didn't want Him.
I was too important for that.
(Those were the times He let me think that I was winning.)
He told me He just wanted me.
And He never gave up.
In the end, His will was stronger than mine.
Because He won, I felt that I had lost.
I can see now that I won also.

No comments: