Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, October 26, 2009

_______Throwing Acorns in Heaven

Yesterday in the car, the kids overheard Adel and I talking about a soldier we knew of who had died in battle.  A lively discussion on heaven followed:

Abby: Who died, Momma?
Mommy: A soldier died, Abby.
Isaac: Is he in heaven now?
Mommy: If he believed in Jesus he gets to go to heaven.  We hope so.
Isaac: When I go to heaven, I'm going to sleep on the floor.
Abby: Who died, Momma?
Mommy: A soldier died fighting a battle, Abby.
Isaac: Do you have to go to the bathroom in heaven?
Mommy: I have no idea, Isaac.  That's a good question.
Abby: Who died, Momma?
Mommy: Don't worry, Abby.  A soldier died.  You didn't know him.  It's okay.
Isaac: When I'm in heaven, can I throw acorns at Jesus?
Mommy: I would think of all the people in the world, Jesus would be the last person you would want to throw acorns at!
Isaac: I'll throw acorns when I get to heaven, but not at people.
Mommy: That's a good idea.


And just because I can't have a mom-post without pictures of the kids, here's a picture of the kids driving the trains they created this morning.
They're shouting "All Aboard!"

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

oh, laughing out loud and marveling at what comes out of the minds of children.....no wonder Jesus wants us to be like little children, so transparent, with believing hearts! that conversation with the kids is a d o r a b l e !