Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, October 5, 2009

_______Here's to Trends

Adel is harassing me because I'm always five years behind a trend:  "Instead of starting a blog, why don't you do some research and find out what the next great medium is going to be?  You could be cutting edge."

My response: "Cutting edge?  Me?"  The thought is laughable.

In seventh grade, I was still listening to Micky Mouse Club cassette tapes while my friends were grooving to NKOTB.  If you don't know what that means, you're a bigger dork than I am.  By the time I figured out what it stood for, they were old news and it wasn't cool to like them anymore.

          

My mode of operation states, without exception, that I must always jump on a band wagon years after its peak of popularity has passed.  This is why I have decided to start a blog years after everyone else in the world has already learned to create, maintain, individualize, and even profit from their own.

I actually started this blog in July 2008 but at the time I never intended to upkeep it past the first entry.  Originally, I just needed a place to post my faith story so I could share it with the ladies who were interested in joining my small group.  So it has been sitting, unattended, for over a year.  Now that I've finished publishing my second book and have no other large writing project currently going, I thought this blog would be an excellent venue for recording the other idiotic thoughts that pop into my head.

I still have a lot to learn about how to work this thing. Pictures and links will be coming soon!  Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

The Sharp Family said...

I AM enjoying your blog. And I can relate to being the last on the band-wagon. Still haven't joined facebook...hmm...maybe I'll put it off awhile longer!