Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, October 8, 2009

_______Just Before the Music Started

I wrote this poem after Lindsay's wedding, where I was a maid of honor.  It describes a touching moment our family had just before we walked out to do the ceremony.  Sweet memory.



Just Before the Music Started

In the hotel dressing room we prepared for the wedding.
Clothes strewn about the floor were dodged as people rushed in and out.
The four of us bobbed for mirror space as we finished our makeup.

Mom gave Lindsay her new pearls and let me wear her old ones.
Tears came to my eyes as she helped me put them on.
I thought she had forgotten me.

The note came from the groom.
Who could read it without tears?
Grandma read the note full of love and hope.
We all cried anyway.

One minute to go.
One last preparation.
We prayed in thanks and in hope, all holding hands.
Then we opened the doors and the music started.

1 comment:

The Sharp Family said...

Oh...I like how I have my own "label." Makes me feel very important. Yea me!