Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, October 8, 2009

_______My Books



I wrote my first book during the year after Isaac was born.  Honestly, it's not a great work of literature.  Not even close.  However, it constituted a huge success for me.  I have always been a writer (among other things) and I have long dreamed of writing a book.  I am very thankful that I live in an era of technology when I can publish my own writing without cost to myself.  It was such a thrill to see hard evidence that I had completed my first book.


Go to "Momworks: A Spiritual Journey Through New Motherhood" page


After self-publishing my first book on motherhood in 2007, I had no intention of ever writing about motherhood again.  But after having Abby (also in 2007), I found that life with a toddler and a newborn made it impossible to write about anything other than, well, life with a toddler and a newborn.  I had some serious venting to do!  So I spent any spare moment during Abby’s first year writing my second book:

Go to "EveryMom: How I Survived a Toddler and a Newborn on a Promise and a Prayer" page

This second book is also, admittedly, not a great work of literature.  Neither is it unique.  There are so many books about motherhood out there.  But, nonetheless, I felt the writing of it was extremely healthy and helpful for me as I was faced with the daily challenges of raising two such young children.  I feel that this book has a little bit more merit than the first and writing it has taken me one step closer to finding my writing voice.

I am exceedingly grateful to everyone who has helped me edit and revise my work, finalize and publish my work, and just plain encouraged me to pursue this dream of mine.  You all rock!

No comments: