Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

_______A Little Good in the World

Here's an anecdote for those of us who need to feel a little bit of good about the state of the World today:

Isaac's preschool class is learning about jobs this month.  The teachers asked each child what they want to be when they grow up and what they will use to help them do their job.  They posted the results on the bulletin board today.  The answers were diverse but followed the pattern: "When I grow up, I want to be a teacher.  I will use a pointer to point at words."  "When I grow up, I want to be a nurse.  I will use a shot to give people medicine." And so on.


Isaac's answer stood out to me firstly because he's my son and I adore him (no doubt I'm extremely biased here), but also because he was the only one who didn't pick an actual career.  His answer was: "When I grow up, I want to be a daddy.  I will use my hands to protect my family."

How precious is that?  There is good left in the world, people!  God has loaned it to me (and you too, mommas!) to do my best with for a little while.

2 comments:

Charli Honas said...

That is so great Megan! I can't believe how smart and wise he is.

Teri Dufilho said...

Isaac, you are THE MAN!!!.......i remember when Uncle Matt was your age, he said when he grew up he wanted to be "a worker and a dad"..... i know that one day you will use your hands to protect your family! (maybe karate chop somebody who bullies your kids?!)....... what a precious little boy!!!