Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I have been celebrating Mother's Day all week and I'm not finished!  On Tuesday, Abby and I took Mimi and DD (grandma and great grandma) out for tea and lunch.  We love the Holly Berry Tea Room in "Old Town" League City (motto: don't blink or you'll pass it).

On Thursday Abby went to play at a friend's house so I could join Isaac for a Mother's Day tea hosted by his  preschool class.  He had fun serving me my cake and punch.  He also sang this song that made me cry.  In his honor, I'll title it "You Are My Mudder" (this link will take you off this page).  I'm in love with that boy!  (And, yes I just gave him a mohawk...it's our new summer tradition.)

Today (the real Mother's Day) we're just enjoying being a family together at home...a little nap for Mommy and some yummy brownies too.
And next Saturday, the Dads are going to watch the kids so my sister, my mom, my grandma, and I can go shopping and out to lunch.  This month rocks!!!

Even without all the happy hullabaloo, the gift of being entrusted with the task of raising these two amazing kids is the best gift of all.  I truly believe moms have the best job in the world.   Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oooo...I just had brownies too...CHEATER!!!! Sorry, I was talking to myself for a minute there...Tee hee! Looking forward to next Saturday! You're a great mom, meg! Thanks for all your inspiration...and for being an incredible sister too!