Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Apple Critters

For our family night last night (#12), we made Apple Critters.  It's something I used to do in elementary school when I would come home from school and want a snack.  Of course, I couldn't just make a snack like a normal kid; I had to play with my food.  Now I'm teaching my kids to do it too.

The supplies: apples, toothpicks, marshmallows,
chocolate chips, and a ziplock bag with the
tip cut off one corner and filled with peanut butter.


I made a sample for my kids and then gave them the supplies to get to work on their own Apple Critters.  With toothpicks involved, this is not an activity I would walk away from with the kids being so little still.

Isaac at work creating.


Abby creating.

Momma helping Isaac squeeze the PB on his apple as "glue" for the choc.chip eyes.

The finished products (Abby's has the crazy hair and Isaac's is a five-eyed alien).

Time to eat!


Abby even had a few bites of the apple (Isaac bolted after the last marshmallow was eaten)!

No comments: