Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

_______2010

I'm really excited for this new year.  I've always been one to have more excitement for the future than nostalgia for the past.  There's not a single year of my life so far that I would trade for the prospects and opportunities of this year to come.  I love to see what God has in store.  Bring it on!

While I tend to avoid resolutions because I'm way too flaky to keep them, I do have many plans and hopes for 2010.  Some of these expectations are out of my control and will happen without any input from me.  The rest are sort of a to-do list of the things I would like to accomplish before the year is up.



In 2010, I would like to:

  • Continue my small group for moms (I love it!)
  • Celebrate living in this house for three years (the longest we've lived anywhere since we've been married and my life-time average)
  • See if I can talk Adel into rearranging the furniture (beats moving!)
  • See my dad become cancer-free!
  • Make an attempt to promote my books at Christian bookstores and local churches
  • Make a video of my grandparents, interviewing them about all the interesting experiences in their lives
  • Celebrate Abby's third birthday!
  • Learn everything I can about local adoption
  • Come up with a new book topic that I feel inspired to write
  • Plan a great get-away for Adel and I to celebrate our eighth anniversary
  • Continue my attempts at new recipes and family nights
  • Finally contact that life insurance company I signed up with when I was a teacher and get my money (what little there is) out of there (I've been putting this off for a few years now)
  • Celebrate Isaac's fifth birthday!
  • Help Isaac adjust to Kindergarten!
  • Decide whether I want to take on a part-time job once Isaac is in school full-time
  • Run a 10K with Jen

No comments: