Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Back to School

First day of school.  With Buddy Jackson.  4th grade. 

I love the little alfalfa sprout...first sign of the return of his "signature look" which we lovingly refer to as "bedhead."  

Second grade. 

It was a lovely day.  I had a long list of all the things I should be doing around the house while they were back at school.  Instead I chose to ignore the list completely.  And it was lovely.  I did my pilates without any kids trying to crawl under my plank (that sounds funny, but when I'm holding up my own weight, nothing touching me is very funny!).  Then, I lingered long over my bible, sipping coffee.  Then, I soaked in the bath, interruption free.  

After lunch, I met some friends for tea. And then it was bus pick up time.  

Isaac had a great first day.

Abby was not at all happy. 

It turned out she got her feelings hurt in class by some other girls.  And she said second grade wasn't any fun.  That was just day 1.  I was really hoping the second day of school would be better. 

The second day off the bus, I was able to catch a few smiles. 

She hadn't had her feelings hurt this day.  But she still said her class was no fun and she didn't like second grade.  She said the same thing all week long.  I have a feeling her teacher this year is more strict than in previous years and Abby is not too comfortable with that.  Every day this week there were tears...

...So, to encourage her, we took some good friends to the tea room for lunch this Saturday. 





Here's to hoping for more smiles the rest of this school year.

No comments: