Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Retreat.

I spent the weekend relaxing at a nice beach condo in Galveston with some wonderful women from my small group circles.  I truly enjoyed getting to know the ladies better.  Every single one of them is a beautiful and inspiring woman of God.  I also enjoyed a morning walk on the beach and an afternoon of lazing on the balcony with a book and a lovely ocean view.  

Between resting and playing, we also studied some biblical examples of friendship and examined ways we could grow in our own friendships with other women.  I feel newly inspired to reach out to friends who may not be able to return the love I give them.  God has blessed me in the past couple years with friends who love me with His grace-filled, unconditional love.  He has shown me this weekend that I am now in a good position to share that love with others.

I did not take any pictures over the weekend, but I did snap a shot of my kids with the little treats I picked out for each of them when I came home.  

Perfect treat for each child: Butterfly lollipop for Abby and gummy rattlesnake for Isaac.  They were so excited.

1 comment:

Chandra Hadfield said...

Megan, you are such a blessing to my life! I enjoyed the retreat so much. I needed the "down" time to recharge, and it was nice to spend some QT with you. Thank you for allowing God to work through your life. It has changed mine! Lots of love and blessings - Chandra