Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Abby at Home

I have been saving up pictures over the last month or so of some of Abby's memorable and yet commonplace moments.  Just wanted to have a picture diary of what having these days of Abby at home have been like.

She had so much fun helping me set the table for an after school tea party with Isaac and our friend Calli.



Abby "helping" me fold the clean laundry.  Over her clothes, she put on her brothers shirt, a pair of Dora panties, her dad's underwear, and her dad's socks.

Abby "standing still" for a picture.



She is officially over naps, but on days after she's had a rough night's sleep, or when she's not feeling good, this occasionally happens:


Playing with flour while mom works in the kitchen.

Add a little water and see what happens.

Hamming it up for the camera.

She loves picking flowers and will often go in the backyard and bring in an arrangement from our crop of weed flowers.  (We have been growing weed flowers successfully for years...let me know if you want any tips on how we do this!  ;)

Bead time.

Lunch time.

She has adopted Isaac's love for crafts.

 She often tapes her masterpieces to decorate my family room wall.

And look at the craft project she took on today:
She colored on my desk!  Ack!  You may wonder where I was while she was doing this?  I was sitting at the desk.  I'm that good at not paying attention to what my kids are up to.  She was coloring it right under my nose, assuming that my lack of prevention was a clear sign that it was okay.  I didn't notice until she started coloring on the top.  Wish my brain worked better sometimes!

Learning how to "look sweet" for the camera.
Sappy, but I'm a sucker for it.

Abby was baking imaginary cookies this day.

Notice the interesting ingredients she has selected.

She was doing a cooking show.

Time for the cookie cutters.

And put the invisible cookies in the oven (no heat).


4 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

She is absolutely adorable, Megan! So, so cute!

Chandra Hadfield said...

What a fun girl! I love that she is so full of life! The desk art work is my favorite!!!

Teri Dufilho said...

oh, abby, you're such a fun, sweet little girl and it's a joy watching you grow up!

Teri Dufilho said...

oh, abby, you're such a fun, sweet little girl and it's a joy watching you grow up!