Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, March 7, 2011

Writing Up a Storm

No, this post is not about me writing up a storm.  I wish it was, but this may be even better...Isaac is the one writing up a storm these days.  I have saved some of my favorite "stories" of his and I want to transcribe them here exactly as they are written.  This is really more for me than anyone.  I just can't save every paper he writes but these first few pieces of writing are so precious that I want to try to commemorate them here.  I will write the translation next to his original lines because, even though I can make them out now (mostly), there's no telling whether I'll be able to upon looking back.


These were about a month ago:

we ned esrsid   (we need exercise)
Because we git mor   (because we get more)
inrg   (energy)

I had A Bad   (I had a bad)
daey at my   (day at my)
fe's hos   (friend's house)


And I like where this one was going:

we need clothts Because   (we need clothes because...)


These came more recently.  I could be crazy, but I think he's showing signs of improvement in spelling:

Abham Lecen wuc the   (Abraham Lincoln was the)
Sixtif pesudit uv the   (sixteenth president of the)
cutre the cutre I fec   (country.  The country I think)
You now that this is traw   (you know that this is true)
I fec and honst AB wus honst   (I think and Honest Abe was honest)

I wotid my Sistr   (I wanted my sister)
to play with me   (to play with me)
and my SiStr Sed No   (and my sister said no)
and I sed Neve mid.   (and I said never mind)
and vh I Got A   (and then I got a)
I dey It Was to   (idea it was to)
Play my GamBoy.   (play Gameboy.)

I love my Mom   (I love my mom)
You are the Bes   (You are the best)
Momy ov the urlol   (mommy of the world)
I love You Momy.   (I love you Mommy.)
I wot tow Gev   (I want to give)
You cesis and hoogs.  (You kisses and hugs.)


He color coded this one.  It's an interview.  He wrote the questions and then wrote my answers in a different color.  I love how he writes the "th" sound, just like he says it: "wif" (with) and "fing" (thing):

Wot do you lik to do Mom   (What do you like to do, Mom?)
Be Wif my fami   (Be with my family)
My favi fing to do is to sogl   (My favorite thing to do is to snuggle)
do you lik to sogl too   (Do  you like to snuggle too?)
yes   (Yes.)


2 comments:

The Sharp Family said...

You should take pics of it so we can see his precious writing. I love how they write just what they hear/say. Lily wrote about how Amelia "untucrd" her (as in "untuckered"...something only a Sharp girl would say!). I love the reading/writing explosion! So fun!

Teri Dufilho said...

oh, i love these......it's really amazing how he sounds out what he's writing.....i think my favorite word is: INRG ...... energy!!!!!! priceless!