Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Goal Review and 2011 Goals/Expectations

Before I record my goals for 2011, I want to review what I wrote at this time last year (see original post here).  First of all, here's what I wrote when explaining how I complied this list of "goals" for 2010 (it will be the same philosophy for 2011):  While I tend to avoid resolutions because I'm way too flaky to keep them, I do have many plans and hopes for the year.  Some of these expectations are out of my control and will happen without any input from me.  The rest are sort of a to-do list of the things I would like to accomplish before the year is up. 


In other words, I have compiled a list of goals and expectations for the year.  As I review 2010's list, I will hi-light the points I accomplished with green and the ones that didn't quite work out with red.  My added notes will be in regular script.  So here's 2010's review




(Review) In 2010, I would like to:

  • Continue my small group for moms (I love it!)  I still love it!
  • Celebrate living in this house for three years (the longest we've lived anywhere since we've been married and my life-time average)
  • See if I can talk Adel into rearranging the furniture (beats moving!)
  • See my dad become cancer-free!  Hooray!!!
  • Make an attempt to promote my books at Christian bookstores and local churches. I did make a few attempts and walked through every door that opened itself even the tiniest bit, but after completing two speaking "gigs" for the whole year, I decided to turn my focus elsewhere.  I never did the all-out effort I originally had in mind of mailing brochures to various local churches.
  • Make a video of my grandparents, interviewing them about all the interesting experiences in their lives. They loved it!
  • Celebrate Abby's third birthday!
  • Learn everything I can about local adoption.  We attended one adoption conference in the fall but we still have SO much more to learn!
  • Come up with a new book topic that I feel inspired to write.  Nothing yet.  Still hopeful.
  • Plan a great get-away for Adel and I to celebrate our eighth anniversary.  Another stay-cation.  Home turns out to be a great place (especially when the kids are not here!)!
  • Continue my attempts at new recipes and family nights.  I get a half for this as I did continue, but at a much slower pace than planned.
  • Finally contact that life insurance company I signed up with when I was a teacher and get my money (what little there is) out of there (I've been putting this off for a few years now).  Decided just to let the money sit.  Too many fees for moving it. Oh well. 
  • Celebrate Isaac's fifth birthday!
  • Help Isaac adjust to Kindergarten!
  • Decide whether I want to take on a part-time job once Isaac is in school full-time.  I  tried a few avenues but to no avail.  Since I love being a stay at home mom, I am extremely picky when it comes to finding a part time job.  It just has to be so worth it.
  • Run a 10K with Jen.  In exactly one hour.  Yay!

Now, in 2011, I would like to:
  • Continue my small group for moms and find another leader from among the women to split and grow the group.
  • Celebrate living in this house for four years!
  • Do some more decorating (slowly but surely) in my house.
  • See my dad remain cancer free.
  • See my mom become cancer free.
  • Celebrate Abby's fourth birthday!
  • Learn more about local adoption.
  • Do more writing.  Come up with an inspiring book topic?
  • Plan a fabulous stay-cation for our ninth anniversary (and start planning a real getaway for our tenth...we actually started budgeting for this this year).
  • Continue my attempts at new recipes (once a month) and family nights (twice a month).
  • Celebrate Isaac's sixth birthday.
  • Help Isaac adjust to first grade.
  • See Abby start three-day-a-week preschool.
  • Figure out how to use my new-found "free time" wisely (One of her preschool days will be my bible study day.  I'm thinking one of the other days will be for cooking a good crock pot or pre-prepared meal.  The other day...I'm not sure yet...the perfect part-time job maybe?).

No comments: