Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Friday, January 21, 2011

Teaser!

I'm so very thrilled to have finally started a new writing project.  This idea came to me around Christmastime and I have just started working on it this week.  It's a book for 5-10 year-old girls and the working title is...

God's Real Princesses: A Bible Storybook for the Real Princess in You

And, for a teaser...here's the introduction as of now (of course, we know that in writing, all things are subject to change until the day the book gets printed):



This is a book about princesses.  
Now it may surprise you to learn that these princesses do not speak to fluffy forest creatures.  Song birds do not routinely perch upon their dainty fingers.  Most of them do not even sing or wear pretty dresses.  And (this is really going to shock you), almost none of them end up marrying princes.  
With that description, you must be wondering how this book can even claim to be about princesses at all.  But we must remember that God’s ways are not the world’s ways.  This book is about women who loved God and chose Him above everything else.  And because they loved God, He made them His princesses, princesses even more real than all the gown-wearing, sweet-singing, prince-marrying princesses of this world.  


The book will have 8-10 Bible stories that focus on women who loved God.  Most of these are stories that I have not found in any of the kids' bible story books that we have owned.  The coolest part is that my friend Jennifer has agreed to illustrated it for me.   We plan to self-publish the same way I have before and sell it on amazon.com.  It feels SO good to be writing again!!!

And, to not have a post without a picture, here's Isaac showcasing his own creativity:
It's an alien.  I told him it looks like a praying mantis so he said it's a praying mantis alien.


6 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so exciting! I love the premise! I wondered what you were up to when I saw your fb status. Looking forward to it!!

Robin said...

Yay! I can't wait to read it.

Teri Dufilho said...

bring it on, meg!....very exciting!......and i like the praying mantis alien.....very cool, isaac....

Anonymous said...

Awesome concept!!! So excited for you, and Jennifer...you are a fearsome twosome! And blown away at Isaac's creativity..he is so special!

Chandra Hadfield said...

Love it! What a great topic, and a wonderful way to teach Abby. I can't wait to read it myself. :)

Kimberly said...

What a great idea!! Can't wait to read it to Julianne!