Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year (Belated)

We spent this New Year's Eve at Mimi and Boppa's house.  It was the first time we had ever attempted to celebrate NYE with our children.  We had a lot of fun and I can see us developing some lasting traditions for making this holiday a family holiday.

First of all, we celebrated the new year at 8pm.  I set one of the clocks ahead so it would "strike midnight" at our 8pm.  Guess I didn't see any reason why celebrating with the kids meant they had to be grumpy all the next day.

I also found a NYE craft online for the kids to make NYE clocks.  This will work even better as they get older.  As it was, I did most of the craft myself and they just did the coloring and minute lines.  Isaac was interesting in learning to use the clock to periodically update it with the "real" time. Abby wasn't, so I used her clock as our "goal clock" so Isaac would know what midnight looked like.

 We watched a youtube video of last year's NY countdown and ball drop. 

Then we started our own celebration.
Here's Isaac filling his pockets with "bombs" at the "bomb shop."



I was trying to use different settings to capture the sparkler but it all went so fast, this is all I got.

We got a $10 "Kid Pack" of fireworks.  
They were all really mild and noiseless, but I like this pic of Dad and Adel running away after lighting one.

Isaac in excited terror as the first firework goes off.

Abby collecting silly string into a ball.

Isaac finally settling in to the fireworks.
Their favorite was the colorful smoke one.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks fun! Amelia was terrified of the fireworks in our neighborhood. We'll see if she recovers for 4th of July!