Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Friday, November 12, 2010

Lego Man

Isaac and Adel enjoyed an awesome father-son experience last weekend.  Actually, for this pair, there couldn't have been a better event.  Space Center Houston hosted a NASA themed Lego contest and my boys entered enthusiastically.  This is the card Adel made to explain the project they chose to build:
And here's the finished product:
And the proud designer:

They had a great time at the event, building Legos there, and stopping for a snack:

Although Isaac did not win the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place he was hoping for, he won a medal for "Best Alternatively Fueled Project."

My first reaction to this prize was that they probably came up with a reason to give every kid a medal (so I'm a little jaded).  But Adel told me that there were probably 150 entries and only 20 prizes given, so that made me feel a little proud.  And then when I saw this video clip of Isaac answering the question "What kind of alternative fuel does your project use?"  He answered the question in front of the whole crowd of people and actually knew the correct answer.  Now that made me pretty proud!  By the way, the answer he gives is "solar rays" (solar arrays).  Super cute for a little smarty pants.  




I think it's very fitting that Isaac's first-ever medal is for building Legos.  That's what he does.  


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, my nephew is brilliant. Or at least really smart. So proud of him! Such a sweet, proud smile...makes my heart smile!!

Teri Dufilho said...

isaac, i'm so proud of you!......you really, really know how to build great lego things!......congratulations on your awesome medal!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!
Celeste