Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Art Explosion

In the past couple weeks, Isaac has become very enamored with creating art.  Every day my desk gets inundated with a stack of creations that I need to admire, and then sort be their artistic value into a keeper and a non-keeper pile.  I can barely keep up.   So I decided it would be good to save some of my favorites on here rather than hardcopy.

Pumpkin

Wall-E and Eve

Zelda

Spider and Ants

Battle Scene

Evil Dr. Penguin.  Apparently the story behind this one, according to Isaac, is that people used to tease him because he had pink cheeks so he turned evil.  


And, I also wanted to commemorate Isaac's first-ever sentence spelled and written completely independently: 
 I guess he was inspired by what he learned at the "Good News Club," an after school Christian club.  It says "I am sre for mi sin forgiv me," translated: "I am sorry for my sin, forgive me."  The picture at the bottom is his sins (little sad faces?) being washed away.  Very deep.  Adel thinks it's a sad first sentence to write, but I think it's indicative that A. the child listens and understand big concepts and B. he is a very tender-hearted child.  And I guess it's an improvement in theology from Easter when he was three years old, when he announced that only he and Jesus never made any mistakes.  Guess he's finally discovered he is fallible.  :)


3 comments:

Bethany said...

Great idea to take pictures of art instead of keeping hard copies of everything!! I had never thought of that, thanks!
Also, I agree with you on the sentence- that is the sweetest first sentence ever!

Lindsay said...

Oh...Isaac has such a soft heart! Love him to pieces...not the bloodbath kind of pirate-y pieces that he likes to draw...but you know what I mean.

And a "Good News Club"? Is that at GoForth?

Teri Dufilho said...

isaac has a real soft heart, and i love how he gives me hugs lately, free-will ones!!......megan, you and adel are teaching him the deep things of God, and i think his first sentence is amazing!....he's a tough little guy with a tender heart....