Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Friday, October 8, 2010

After School Snacks

Since Isaac has started school our time after school has become very special.  After I pick up Isaac and our friend Calli, we come home to make snacks.  I always try to have something healthy but also with a little mix of fun and a treat as well, so we're all happy with it (believe it or not, the oldest child is also the pickiest!).  Here are some of our favorites so far:

Make your own Cheerios necklace.


We've made these apple treats before (see my Apple Critters Post).
This time Isaac made an apple jet.

And Calli made a 3D Person.  Cool!
My only requirement with this snack is that they have to eat the apple when there done.  Wouldn't want them to only eat the toppings and then run!


Calli was not a fan of this one, but my kids liked the veggies swords.

And, yes, I considered their safety by clipping off the sharp edge of the skewer before handing it to them!


Calli taught us how to make our own juice pops. 
Pouring in the orange juice.

After wrapping the ice cube tray in wax paper, they poked a toothpick through each one as a popsicle stick (the wax paper holds the sticks in place).

The next day they they got to enjoy their juice popsicles.

I am really enjoying this new phase of parenting school-age kids and we are all enjoying Calli's company.  

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Makes my snack of chocolate milk seem BORING!!! You are such a cool and creative mom. Shhh...don't tell my kids.