Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Sunday, October 3, 2010

MOPs Talk

This is just a quick follow up on my previous post.  I feel really pleased with how the talk went this time.  I feel like I was able to use my book, my writing, and my creativity as tools for pointing to God, rather than as the focus of the talk.  I got some really good feedback and a positive response and overall, I was so excited to be able to share my joy in the Lord and how good God is.  

Even in the face of a victory, no matter how small, it is humbling to note that without the Lord, there would have been none.  This was not of my doing.  If left to my own devices, I probably would have spent the time drawing attention to Megan instead of God (and who wants to sit for half an hour and listen to someone talk about herself?!).  By God's patient guidance and good grace, He has been using the past months to grow me into a vessel that can be used for His glory.  

He  has also been using my sisters in Christ (including, literally, my sister!) to pray me up for that very moment.  It has been an awesome journey, one of complete dependence on God.  It has been a journey with God that I hope to experience again!

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

so glad all went well......i agree with you, and know that things will always go the way the Lord plans it if our desire is to magnify His name, instead of ours!