Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Recipe #7: Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich Melts

That's a long name...Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich Melts...but that's because I took a recipe for Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad and made Sandwich Melts out of it.  Yum!

I pulled this recipe out of a magazine a while ago and I don't know which one so I can't cite it here.

1.  Make dressings: In a food processor or blender, blend 1/2 of a large avocado, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup light mayo, 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream, 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 4 chopped scallions (white and light green parts only), 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper.  Cover and chill until ready to use (dressing will keep for two days in the fridge but the salad is best eaten the day it's made).

2.  Make salad: Combine 1lb cooked and diced boneless, skinless chicken breast, 2 chopped celery stalks, 1 chopped scallion and 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley in a large bowl.  Stir in 1/2 cup dressing.  Carefully fold in 2 chopped avocados.  Season with salt and extra cayenne pepper to taste. Serves 6.

Then I put it on a sourdough bun, topped it with swiss cheese and toasted it in the oven.


Our Scores:
Adel: 6/10  A little too bland for my spicy guy.
Megan: 8/10  Love a hot sandwich, especially with avocado.  Probably would have been a 10 if I had actually had enough avocado to follow the recipe.
Isaac: 1/10  What?  Green chicken salad?  No thank you!
Abby: 1/10  I'm inclined to follow my big brother on this one.

No comments: