Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yup.  8 years.  And it's a wonderful thing.

We celebrated this weekend by enjoying a kid-free weekend at home.  It may sound boring, but when you are accustomed to the noise and clutter of little ones, the mess-free, noise-free moments are wonderful.  So, while the kids enjoyed a fun-filled weekend with Mimi and Boppa, Adel and I got to use our newly remodeled game room.

The weeks prior to this we have been painting...

color-coordinating...

accessorizing...

shopping...

and hanging.

The chandelier still needs to be raised but I LOVE the new room and we used it a ton this weekend!

Since it was just the two of us, we ate our meals in there. Adel made some tasty burgers the first night.

The next morning, he treated me to homemade biscuits and omelets.

I also took a (short) ride with him on his motorcycle.  It was almost fun, except that the whole time I was picturing our death in various gory scenarios.  I don't think I'm free-spirited enough to be a biker chick...  unless of course the motorcycle had sides, and doors, and a roof, and seat belts, and air conditioning...then I would probably be able to relax and enjoy the ride a little bit!

For the most part, we played all the two-player card and board games we own (we even bought a couple new ones).  
We used to play games often before we had kids so this is a great way for us to feel that old connection again.  
It was a wonderful way to spend the weekend!  Love you, Adel!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

The room looks great Meg! Glad you guys had a good weekend. Oh...you make a cute biker chick. And as long as you wear a helmet,I'm sure it's almost as good as walls/door/roof...

Teri Dufilho said...

love your pictures and post, meg!......and I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL about the motorcycle !!!......even with a helmet, i know it would not bode well for me if we took a spill at 60mph...... I HATE IT!!....but yet, i must let my man be free to be himself.....but my times with him on the bike are very rare, and not very long!......