Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Friday, August 19, 2016

August in Pictures

August is all about making the most of the last summer days. 

Snow Cones!




I bought ice and brought my own flavor! 




While Isaac was at Robotics camp, Abby went to Cooking Camp!  This is particularly awesome because I have made her do 2 summer camps in the past that she 1) didn't like that much and 2) really hated.  She LOVED cooking camp, so I feel redeemed. 



TWO kids ended up in my bed?! 

hmmmm...

An evening of snuggles at Mimi's


And, Cousins! 


Celebrated this sweet lady's mission trip to Honduras and the good things God is doing in her heart and in the world. 

Morning snuggles...one of my favorite parts of being a mom.

Mo' Better when it's all FOUR of them and everyone is smiling. 

And sometimes they even snuggle with one another.  Isaac loves snuggles with (and squeezing) Little Boy almost as much as I do.  


Abby put her new baking skills to work, following a recipe from her cooking camp. 

Dough-y, cheesy pizza pockets. 


mmmmmm.....

I finally got around to hanging curtains over Little Girl's closet.  Funny how achieving something so small makes me feel so capable.  

Our friends got two new foster babies and we got to play with them!

These two boys have the same name!

Frenemies?







Morning quiet time while Mommy gets ready and Little Boy works with one of his therapists. 

Morning hair duties. 


Little Girl took this picture of me in the mirror while I was fixing her hair. I kind of like it in a real-life momma candid shot kind of way. 

 And this verse from Psalm 42 was part of my morning reading today and very encouraging for a real-life momma candid sort of day.

Piggy back rides!


What?! He can build wth blocks by himself?  When did that happen?

Occupational Therapy is really helping! 



They do love their daddy. 

Mr. Cowboy. 


We met the siblings for dinner at McDonald's and an Elmo and Cookie Monster dance party. 

This is one sweet girl!

Biggest sister and Isaac 

2 Big sisters dancing with Little Boy

Baby sister!


Little girl was too scared for the first 10 minutes, so Stephanie, foster sister to the siblings, helped her get a closer look. 

 Finally, she got brave enough to hug him...

...And then would not let go...

...even when Elmo moved on to other things!

I think here he's gently trying to pry her loose. 

 Dancing with Baby Sister

And hugs 

The three littles

Everyone got new legos to play with. 

Between his savings and birthday money, Isaac was able to buy the Simpsons set he has wanted. 

He was so proud of how thick the instruction booklet is!

Lego time!


Hmmmm...potty training Little Boy isn't going so well! Haha! 

But, oh my, isn't he the cutest ever?!

No comments: