Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, May 30, 2011

Abby chores

Continuing our work teaching the kids the value of money, we recently stumbled upon a perfect chore for them to do (even Abby).

Our newly planted trees need regular watering until their roots get stronger.  

At first, I had the kids do this chore simultaneously, but Abby soon caught on that Isaac was way faster than her and earned much more money.  Consequently, she would just cry after the first bucketful.  Now I have them each do it separately and limit each of them to 10 buckets (at 10 cents a bucket).

It actually helps me and they can do it without my supervision.  

Abby has historically been very slow on the money-related chores.  But I've finally found one that she can do well and feel proud of.  Yay Abby!

No comments: