Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

What a fun birthday!

Started with a HUGE hug and kiss and "Happy Birthday Mommy!" from my little ones.  Following that was a delicious omelet and homemade biscuit breakfast cooked especially for me by Boppa.  Yummy!

Then I took the kids on a bike ride tour of the neighborhood garage sale.  We found $30 worth of Legos for $5!  Awesome!

Later, I left the kids with Mimi and Boppa and picked up Adel from the airport.

After a yummy sushi lunch, we got a free Starbucks frappacino (courtesy of a generous giftcard from a thoughtful friend).  Then we hopped over to World Market to redeem my $10 free birthday gift certificate (pays to be a member sometimes!).  I picked out some favorite goodies.

Dinner is on!  This is the way I like to eat.  A little nibble here...a little nibble there.  Papa Johns breadsticks and garlic butter dip are on the way too!  Mmmm...I'm so happy.

Oh, and I picked out a birthday present for myself: a new indoor plant.  Hope I don't kill it right away!

I have loved all the text messages, emails, and facebook messages of happy birthday wishes from friends and family.  I feel so blessed and my heart is so full.  I feel like today has been a little slice of heaven.  Not so much the bargains and the shopping and the food (well, maybe the chocolate), but more just the feeling of being so loved and with such a full and happy heart.  I'm pretty sure that's what every day in heaven will feel like.  I'm sending out birthday wishes for everyone to have a little slice of heaven today too.  Love you all.  

Now, off to enjoy my munchies and the sweet company of my husband.


Happy birthday to me!


2 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Yes, Megan. Happy birthday to you! You should feel loved by everyone around you because we all do love you because you're a wonderful, kind, and thoughtful friend. Was that a run-on sentence or just horrible grammar? Anyway, you are truly a beautiful person! So glad it was a great celebration!

Lindsay said...

you forgot to say that all the fun started with a just past-midnight text from your favorite sister.