Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hard Times, Good Times

Last Tuesday night I went up to Mom and Dad's because they had just gotten back from another ER trip where the doctors said one of his tumors was hemorrhaging again.  The oncologist had called in and said there was nothing they could do, just make him comfortable.  What an awful feeling.  That night was hard.
  
The next day was also hard, but it felt good to be able to help around the house.  That night, I cooked dinner for them.  Dad said baked potato sounded good, so it was that, and pork tenderloin and broccoli.  Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

The next morning Dad was doing a little better.  I fixed us a berry breakfast...

...and we enjoyed it outside on the patio, thankful the weather is finally cooling off.

I love my Daddy.

I brought the rest of my family back with me on Friday.  We had a wonderful weekend.  Dad was feeling much better than earlier in the week, after the steroids kicked in.  We enjoyed two movie nights (Men in Black, and The Wizard of Oz)

On Saturday, Adel treated us to his awesome cooking.  Chicken lettuce wraps. 

And then Thai peanut chicken.

DD and Papa came for dessert and helped Dad tell me some stories of his childhood, which I recorded to share later with the grandkids.

When we left on Saturday night, the oppressive feeling of despair was gone, replaced by a relief, which we are thankful for, no matter how fleeting it may be.  We do pray it is a good, long one though!  Thank you, friends, for your prayers.  Keep them coming!

1 comment:

Chandra Hadfield said...

Love you, dear friend. I am continually holding you and your family up in prayer. I am believing God for His good to shine through this, and for eyes to be enlightened to see the hope in Him! Love you!