Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sweet Boy

I got a speeding ticket today for the first time ever.  I've probably deserved one for quite some time...I tend to have a heavy foot.  Well, there was nothing to do but accept responsibility and respectfully pay the fine.  But I thought it would be a good learning moment for Isaac and Abby to see that adults have to follow the rules too, or pay the consequences.

Abby was with me when it happened, but I told Isaac about it when I picked him up from school.  I said, "I'm sad that I have to waste my money paying that ticket when I could use it for so many other things."  When we got home, he made me this sign:


Translation: "I can fix your problem by giving some money.  I love Mom.  Love, Isaac."

Break my heart, Lord, You have given me a sweet, sweet boy.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Break my heart too! That is such a sweet pic of him holding his letter to you. Email that one to mom, b/c you know she won't check your blog. ;)

MommaCeleste said...

Aw, that is so sweet! He's such a wonderful boy! He writes so good now too! :)

Chandra Hadfield said...

Such a sweet boy! What a wonderful moment and memory in the midst of the pain of paying uncle sam ;)

Teri Dufilho said...

what a precious treasure, megan......what a tender little heart!......i guarantee you, if you send that picture in, instead of a check, you won't owe one cent!!!

Unknown said...

1 peter 2:13-15, convicted me of obeying speed limits. Sweet though that Isaac was trying to pay your fee :)