Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Friday, August 27, 2010

First Week of School

What a week it has been!  Along with turning FIVE, Isaac also started Kindergarten this week!  On the first day of school, both before school that morning and when he came home, Isaac was singing "It's the end of the world as we know it!"  Well, he didn't know all the words so he was really singing "It's the end of the world bum bum bum bum."  But I still thought it was pretty funny and fitting!

Day 1

In front of the school with Abby.  
He looks so small!

Finding his classroom.
How can I let this little boy do this all by himself?!

He's ready though.  He sits down and gets right to work.

Abby and I keep hugging and kissing on him and he just ignores us and stays on task!

Mr Independent finally condescends for a hug!

And there he is, chatting away with new friends and not worried at all that we're walking out the door.

As I walked out of the school building, I felt a little bit off-kilter, not having two children to balance me out.  I had no one to talk to so I turned to the nearest adult and said, "So this is it, huh?  We just walk away and leave them here?"  As sad as that thought can be, I'm proud of myself (and Isaac!) for not crying.

Abby and I quickly got to some serious girl-time.

At our favorite Tea House with Mimi, Nana, and DD.

We love our time with Mimi!

Day 2
After our morning trip to the YMCA, Abby and I spend most of the day getting ready for Isaac's birthday party!

Here she is decorating his wrapping paper.

And a little handiwork while mommy has some computer time.

Day 3
The day after his fifth birthday Isaac wakes up with his first loose tooth!

Giving it a wiggle for the camera!

Day 4
This is the first day that I drop him off at the curb instead of walking him to his class.  It was hard watching that little body walk into that great big school all by himself!  I think this was harder on me than leaving him the first day.

I was able to use some of my day to organize the kids' costumes.
Can't believe we have a whole box full of "weapons!"

Abby spent her time playing dress up.

When Isaac comes home from school we do homework time after a snack.

Day 5
He was so excited to bring home a prize as his reward for good behavior.  He is still loving school and I must say, so am I!


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

He does look so little in front of the school. Glad his transition was smooth. Way to go Isaac! That tea place looks fun! Love the pic of Mimi and Abby!

Anonymous said...

Aww...I can't believe Isaac is in school already! What a great way to start the school year though...I'm glad to hear it went so well and that he was so excited! Your blog brought big smiles to my face :o) Kimera

Teri Dufilho said...

i'm laughing at your comment about having a whole box full of weapons......i can certainly understand how that can happen!.....so glad that Isaac did so well in school, and that momma did well, too!.....God bless you Isaac and may you have a super year in kindergarten!