Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, December 28, 2009

_______New Recipe #2: Classy Chicken

Well, I'm a little behind on my goal of trying two new recipes every month.  Actually about 50% behind!  But I'm at it here again with my second attempt at a new recipe for my family.  This "Classy Chicken" recipe comes from The Best of the Best cookbook from the Best of Bridge series.

3 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp oil
10 oz pkg frozen asparagus or broccoli
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup grated cheddar

Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with pepper.  Saute in oil over medium heat until opaque, about 6 minute.  Drain.  Cook asparagus or broccoli until tender crisp; drain and arrange in bottom of buttered casserole.  Place chicken on top.  Mix together soup, mayonnaise, curry and lemon juice and pour over chicken.  Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30-35 minutes.  Serves 6.

Actually, I was surprised by this dish.  Although it was not a terribly pretty dish, we liked it better than I predicted.

Our scores:
Megan: 7/10
Adel: 8/10 (that surprised me for sure, but I think he liked the curry in it!)
Isaac: 3/10 (ate a few bites after I cut them up into minuscule portions)
Abby: 8/10 (ate it without even blinking)

My review:
I would make this again for sure.  I made the mistake of serving it with pasta instead of rice.  With the curry flavor, rice is definitely the way to go.  I didn't let the kids help with this one but they could have chopped the cheese and helped mix the sauce and layer the dish.

3 comments:

Teri Dufilho said...

ooooooo, i LOVE recipe reviews and recommendations!!......i got "Pioneer Woman" Cookbook for Christmas and am going to make EVERY RECIPE in it and rate each recipe.....fun!!! ....okay, i'm gonna make this chicken dish, girl......

Sarah Heder said...

This recipe looks like it is right up my alley --- simple, easy, and good. I'm printing it out right now! Please keep up these recipe reviews. I'm enjoying them!

The Sharp Family said...

I use a recipe VERY similar...except changing out frozen artichoke hearts for the asp/broc. And I sometimes add cooked rice mixed in to make it an all-in-one dish for potlucks and such (I use brown rice, but of course white would work too!). And sometimes I add extra cheese, cuz yum!

I have NYE guests coming in 30 min, so gotta run!