Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Six Weeks

Baby Boy
He continues to grow stronger and faster.  We got a doctor's order to take him of pediasure as he has doubled his weight from the 15 pounds he was when he entered the hospital.  He has learned how to open doors, which is a big milestone for him and caused a few extra troubles for me.  Several items were deposited into various sinks, bathtubs, and toilets before we got the child safety door locks in place.

He continues to wake often during the night and either rocks himself to sleep or bangs his head on the mattress, which makes me sad.  But for the most part he is happy and peaceful even in his restless sleep.  I am praying he will grow out of the restlessness and the head banging.

His language is continuing to blossom.  He still learns new words and phrases daily including "take a bath," "go night night," and "I don't know."  He also does a really awesome "evil" laugh "mwahahaha!" which makes us all laugh. Yesterday surprised me by correctly naming four shapes. I had been working with Baby girl on shapes and had no idea that he was close to catching on.  He also had a brief, but catching run of saying what sounds like di-ja (like did'ya) before some key words such as di-ja-water, di-ja-ball, di-ja-bath.  I'm not sure what it means but forever we will say those words amongst ourselves.

Dress up

 One amazing hour to myself!  Psalm 103 is so good for the soul!




Many, many doctors' waiting rooms and an hour a week of gymnastics lessons (Abby) and piano lessons (Abby and Isaac) means a lot of needing to keep these two busy in tight spaces!


Baby Girl 
She is continuing to hit milestones as well.  She is still sleeping in her big girl bed and she is staying in bed (as long as she doesn't have a nap) and sleeping soundly all night long.   She is making progress in potty training too.  She has had several days of dry panties and really her only hangup is not wanting to leave the fun to go potty, or occasionally a battle of wills with me.

Speaking of wills, she continues to spend a few minutes a day in the "time out" chair, where I sit with her until the timer is up.  If she is throwing a fit, sometimes including spitting at me, kicking or hitting me, we wait until she is calm to start the timer.  The biggest cause of our disputes is over her overaggressive "friendliness" to Bitsy.  Poor old dog sometimes looks at me with "help me!" in her eyes.

Other than that, Baby Girl is bonding well with everyone in the family and is generally, happy, sweet, and affectionate.


No comments: