Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, October 19, 2015

What a Great Weekend!

Two years ago yesterday was when I watched my dad take his last breath.  It was a holy moment and a bittersweet moment.  In anticipation of it's anniversary, for a few weeks prior, I had been sinking into a depression, my mind focusing on the awful emotional journey that brought us to his deathbed.  And there is no doubt that death sucks and grief sucks.  There's no sugar coating it.  

Nontheless, God is good.  He walked with me through those awful days two years ago.  He walked with me all that first year of grief.  He has walked with me again as I have relived painful memories.  And He walks me right on through to the other side of grief.  Into and out of the valley of the shadow of death every time.  This weekend turned out to be beautiful and was filled with some of my favorite people.  
Started with a good 10k race with Jen, Josie, and Uncle Joe.






 Then, a pumpkin patch and fun time hanging with family at Dd's house.












Ended with a bike ride (3.5 miles each way) to Kemah!


God is good. 

No comments: