Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Monday, May 5, 2014

Focus on the Family

Yes, I totally ripped off that title.  But, after everything our family has been through in the past year, I have been feeling that God wants me to rest in Him and be His child, not just His hands and feet (which, if you know me, I am very eager to do most often!).  Beyond that, my greatest calling right now is that of wife and mom, as our family is slowly healing and adjusting to life now six months past losing my dad.  

Last week, He brought to mind Psalm 23, which of course is so familiar that I often overlook its beauty (the underlined verses are particularly ones that spoke to me this time around) - 

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

I feel like right now, God wants me to let Him be this to me.  Also this:

Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit
(Psalm 51:12)

So, I am taking time to enjoy the many blessings I have right now, especially my family.

Just a beautiful girl with a pretty rose.

Family time strawberry picking.


And, yummy.

 Cousins and swimming.

Isaac's school project



This timeline has him entering college in 2023, graduating in 2027 and becoming a geologist in 2033.  

Abby's field trip to the Rainforest Pyramid at Moody Gardens.


Isaac's field trip to the Museum of Natural History.

Snuggle time with a sick girl.

Found an old note from Kindergarten Abby.

Some beautification projects.

Snuggle kids.

Abby with a chickie at school.


Fun with neighbors.

First time in the neighborhood pool this year.

Perfect weather!



It's hard sometimes to sit and rest, but I feel like God is knitting my heart back together, something which seemed impossible a few months ago.  In and out of the valley of the shadow of death, He has been faithful and good. And I'm looking forward to the next few months of focusing on that, and on my family.

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

i love love this, megan……He is the healer of our hearts……and He's our Father who wants His children to rest in Him, and to constantly know the joy of the salvation He freely gives……good going girl!!