Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Moments of Normalcy

This has been a hard week.  Here are the latest two posts from the blog we created to keep friends and family up to date on my dad's cancer battle:

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Hard Day

I'm working on a blog post to reflect more on that, but it's not quite ready to publish yet.  In the meantime, I wanted to capture some of the beautiful moments we have had as a family in the past two weeks. They have been hard to find, but the moments of normalcy have been such islands in the storm.

Adel has been on forced (but thankfully, paid) vacation for two weeks now due to the government shutdown (now I'm thankful he is a vacation hoarder, because it would go to leave without pay once his vacation days are used up).  This has been such an amazing blessing to me, as he has been able to help me through some awful days, when I really needed him.  Here's my main man on a lunch date to PF Changs:

So thankful for him.

At home, Abby dressed up in "rain clothes" and wanted me to take a picture.  Sweet girl.

Yesterday, while on paid vacation, Adel used part of his day to weed the front flower beds that were desperately falling into disrepair.  This was a gift of service to me, as the garden is definitely more my thing than his.

So now we have new mulch on the trees and we put out some pumpkins to create a fall look that makes me happy.  


Abby got inspired to make a picnic.

And then she and Isaac played with her stuffed animal friends. 

She would load them all on his back in the purse he was wearing as a backpack.


Aaaaannnd...Go!

He would then race on his knees around the lawn, spilling animals as he went.

 Precious, silly kids.  Precious, silly moments.

No comments: