Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Moab, Day 1

We started the day with a trip down memory lane.  This is the site of our old elementary school.  The school isn't there anymore, but the signs still are!

We walked the blocks from school to our old home.  The kids were amazed that our mom let us walk this every day without a grown up.

Our old house!  I lived here from about 18 months to age 6.  It was the house we lived in for the longest time as a kid and I wish  I could have gone inside to show my kids my secret hiding places.

Then we went to the "mountain" in front of our house.  I remember it being so big and I had expected to be disappointed when I saw it but it was a decent size, especially for a 5 year old to climb.

We told our kids the story of how Aunt Lindsay and I decided to climb it one evening when we were supposed to be just walking the dogs around the block.  It took much longer than we expected and it was nearly dark by the time we got back.  Our mom had been looking for us and was so worried that she had just called the police when we walked up to the front door.  The kids wanted to climb it all the way (and so did I!), but it was hot and we needed to meet up with the rest of our group.

Our meeting place was the Colorado River



We had lunch at this great riverside resort that caters to incoming rafting groups.

And then we went to a little creek so the kids could play.


Boppa found his spot.





 That night, the families (the As, the Gs and the Ls) reunited and enjoyed sharing some old photos on the computer. 


Sarah and I talking while her son Peter plays.

No comments: