Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Abby At Home

I have written an "Abby At Home" post before, but I'm just getting sentimental about this sweet, slow time we've spent together the past two years with big brother in school and little girl at home with me.  Preschool two days a week this year has been a great experience to get her out and give another form of entertainment other than TV watching.  But the rest of the days, it's just me and Abby bummin' around, doin' our thing.  Here's a snapshot of her "thing."

Helping fold the towels.

And finding a better use for them.

Playing Legos with brother...her first set of "girl" Legos.

Making a work of art out of "The Newlywed Game."

"A Tea Party with Mimi." 

And even though she watches a lot of TV on the days she's home with me, she watches so actively at times that I enjoy watching her as she watches.

Dancing with "Yo Gabba Gabba."

Singing with "Blues Clues."


Getting creative with viewing venues. 

And there's lots of creative play too.

One day, she got out the puppets and put on a show for me, telling a very creative story:

"Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a king and queen and they watchdid a show and it was a happy show.  But suddenly, a witch came and she was a good witch but she turned bad. She turned so bad that she turned into a dragon.  The king ran away and the dragon killed the queen."

"But the fairy came and healed the queen." 

"The knight told the king the queen was dead but when they got there, they couldn't find her.  'Where is she?' the king asked.   The knight didn't know."

"But then the knight rode off to India.  The knight got off the horse and he saw the princess Indian." 

"'Have you seen the queen?' "No.'" 

"Then the prince hoped on his horse and go-did to Asia.  And he talk-did to an Asia person. 'Have you seen the queen?' 'No.'"

"Then the knight got on his horse and go-did to the wizard. 'Have you seen the queen?' 'No, but I can take her here with my spell.'"

It ended with the queen back to life and the whole cast of characters beating up the wicked witch.


And on to the next activity: 

Connecting with her doggie.



Occasionally she disappears upstairs for over an hour and I wonder (pleasantly) what she does up there!  So, I sometimes go up to sneak a peak.  

Dressing Teddy.


Setting out her new jammies in the order she plans to wear them.


I sure do cherish these days with my girl.


No comments: