Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Garden Party Prep

This year Abby is going to have a garden party for her birthday.  We borrowed the idea from my sister and my cousin, Robin, with some magazine-inspired added touches.  The night before, we prepared:

I have been saving Abby's garden-themed artwork for the past month, so we hung them up on ribbons in the archways.

This one includes some artwork by Isaac with the inscription: "Hape Brf day Abby."

The table ready for kids' garden dinner.  
Can you tell Abby was VERY excited?

Last-minute party favors that I was not planning on but had to buy when I saw them at the dollar store.  Girls got butterflies, boys got bees.
Themes make me so happy.


We made bird's nests out of shredded wheat and gave each little Peeps chick a cozy garden home.

And we used the fake flowers from Abby's bedroom (also garden themed) for our decorations.

Abby and Isaac even set out the clothes they planned to wear.

The next day: party central!  We started with a noontime playdate in the park with some friends and popsicles.  We were thankful that it rained right before we got there and dropped the temperature 10 degrees to the mid-70's.  It was still very humid, but actually comfortable for at least the first hour we were there.

That night we had Abby's besties and their families over for dinner and her garden party.  The next blog post will have details of all the fun.

1 comment:

Teri Dufilho said...

meg, you amaze me at your creativity......wish you had given me all these fab ideas when my boys were little.......but then, you were only about4 or 5 or 6 or 7, so i'll let you off the hook.......